Director Sales, Mid-Atlantic
The sky is the limit at Comport, a high-growth IT company that spans data center modernization as well as our own cloud-based services division, ComportSecure. Our Director of Sales for Mid-Atlantic is a key position to lead the company’s growth in this region, ideal for an entrepreneurial business-builder who knows how to make great things happen for themselves, their team, and their customers.
Type: Full Time
Location: Mid-Atlantic Region
- Develop and implement a plan that will grow the revenue, margin and expand the customer base in the Mid-Atlantic region which requires:
- Development of successful sales strategies including target accounts, demo’s, multi-level relationships, committee selling, unsolicited proposals, use cases, ROI, references, pricing
- Building a high-performing team through recruiting, hiring, training and motivating new and existing team members
- Regular meetings with each Account Executive to assess and develop winning territory plans, sales strategies, qualification skills, activity levels, preparation for meetings, and resource utilization
- Regular coaching and feedback for sales team members, to grow skills and improve outcomes
- Accurate forecasts that result from sales pipeline development that ensures predictable business growth over the course of the fiscal year
- Meet team’s monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue, margin and net new account targets
- Analyze performance and outcomes with leads, with regular communications to each sales rep
- Ensure high customer and team satisfaction
- Regular sales calls with each team member that stresses consistent, quality sales call planning, value-add to the customer, and consistent “next-step” follow-up with both the customer and the Comport cross functional team
- Regular meetings with full team, to educate and set priorities that align with current and longer-term growth plans that drive growth across both services and product
- Ensure that CRM system captures activities, lead sources and outcomes
- Cross-functional collaboration with pre-sales, other Sales groups, marketing, inside operations
- Collaboration with key partners’ field organizations for net new accounts
- Attend customer and partner events and trade shows. Some travel and evening work are required.
Meeting Sales Goals, ability to hire, grow and retain top talent, Negotiation, Selling to Customer Needs, Motivation, Sales Planning, Building Executive Relationships, Coaching, Managing Processes, Market Knowledge, Developing Quotas, Staffing, Focus/Goal Orientation, Ability to succeed in fast-paced environment, Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills, High Energy, Fast Learner, Follow-up.
- Six+ years of successful, relevant sales experience in IT industry
- Track record of successful management is required including hiring and sales skills development
- Deep knowledge of complex IT sales and negotiations is required