Senior Cloud Architect
This position will be responsible for leading the Pre-Sales design of managed service, public/private cloud, and hybrid customer solutions. This position will support sales operations nationally. Travel to customers sites in their local Region (New England, New York Metro, or Mid-Atlantic) will occur regularly, and clients in other regions will be serviced remotely.
Type: Full Time
Who we are:
ComportSecure, a wholly owned subsidiary of Comport Consulting, is a provider of Advanced Infrastructure as a Service, Professional and Managed Services solutions. The core purpose of ComportSecure is to help customers align business objectives with Information Technology through transformational IT solutions. These include: Backup as a Service, Disaster Recovery as a Service, Hybrid Cloud services, and infrastructure management as well as advisory services and solutions. Comport is an award-winning data center solutions provider, Platinum Partner with HPE, and has also earned their highest status as a “Preferred Partner”.
Health, Dental, Vision, etc.
- Home and Office based with regular travel to customer sites as required
- Lucrative Salary Opportunity plus Benefits + Career and Sales Skills Development
Do you have previous experience of securing, maintaining and growing corporate customers in the commercial, healthcare or public-sector space? Are you looking for an opportunity with an extremely aligned, engaged and a laser-focused organization?
- Serve as the primary Pre-Sales technical resource for the design of ComportSecure client solutions, including technologies such as Veeam BaaS/DRaaS, VMware Cloud on AWS, ComportSecure IaaS, and infrastructure managed services.
- Perform Assessments of client environments to appropriately size and design cloud environments.
- A “strong work ethic” with the ability to flex and extend efforts whenever a customer engagement or sales opportunity requires it.
- Develops a Bill of Materials (BOM) and a detailed Scope of Work (SOW) on highly qualified sales opportunities from interactions with the client, as well as, other Comport Architects, Comport CTO, Comport Inside Sales, Comport Sales Team and 3rd Party teams as needed, for complex cloud solutions. Uses Visio or other tools to develop detailed configurations and solution diagrams.
- Lead Proofs of Concept individually or as part of a team
- Conducts formal and informal presentations of technical concepts to the clients as part of pre and post- sale support efforts, as needed.
- Provide consulting services as required such as Assessment and Analysis
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, vendors and counterparts
- Maintain required technical knowledge and certifications as specified by management
- As business and operational demands dictate, additional duties may be assigned and expected to be performed.
High-Level knowledge should include:
- Able to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with clients.
- Ability to learn and retain knowledge of a wide variety of technical information requests, and responds quickly to information requests.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments, travel schedules, and presentation requests in an unstructured environment.
- Highly developed communications skills for interacting with clients effectively. Can independently handle difficult client situations.
- Ability to maintain a courteous, professional manner with clients at all times and work well under stress.
- Ability to interface internally with all departments and externally with outside sales, clients, and partners.
- Ability to work effectively under remote supervision.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management as well as technical or engineering decision makers.
- Ability to Develop, Create and respond to Technical Requests for Proposals (RFP’s)
- Ability to Design and Create Complex Cloud Design Documents as well as Disaster Recovery Plans.
Education and/or Experience
B.A. degree in Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent experience; minimum of 5 years of relevant technical experience with Server Virtualization, Consolidation, Storage Virtualization and Backup, experience in delivering Cloud Solutions on platforms such as AWS or Azure, certifications.
- VMware VCP with Cloud Specialization
- Veeam VMCE
- Azure Solutions Architect
- AWS Solutions Architect