Senior Cloud Engineer – Level 2
This candidate will be responsible for performing day to day systems related tasks onsite and remotely related to the operation of the ComportSecure IaaS environments. This individual will be responsible for the design, implementation, and advancement of the ComportSecure cloud environments. In addition to the operation tasks, this individual will lead Proofs of Concept for prospective clients, and participate in the client on-boarding process.
Type: Full Time
Who we are:
ComportSecure, a wholly owned subsidiary of Comport Consulting, is a provider of Advanced IT, Professional and Managed Services solutions. The core purpose of ComportSecure is to help customers align business objectives with Information Technology through transformational IT solutions. These include: Advanced Datacenter, Mobility, Security, End-User Computing, and Hybrid IT as well as advisory services and solutions. Comport is an award-winning data center solutions provider, Platinum Partner with HPE, and has also earned their highest status as a ‘Preferred Partner’.
- Health, Dental, Vision, etc.
- Home and Office based with regular travel to customer sites as required
- Lucrative Salary Opportunity + Career and Sales Skills Development
Do you have previous experience of securing, maintaining and growing corporate customers in the commercial, healthcare or public-sector space? Are you looking for an opportunity with an extremely aligned, engaged and a laser-focused organization?
- Serve as a primary implementation resource for the design and configuration of the ComportSecure cloud environment, including technologies such as VMware ESXi, vCloud Director, vSAN, and Veeam Cloud Connect.
- Performing analysis of compute, storage, and application orchestration needs and contribute the to design, integration, and installation of hardware and software.
- Maintain and administer the ComportSecure cloud environment servers, storage, hypervisor, and applications.
- Able to lead systems deployments individually or as part of a team
- Delivers risk analysis approach when reviewing new customer solutions
- Provides consulting services as required
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, vendors and counterparts
- Must be attentive with initiative to proactively prioritize workload and exercise independent judgment to determine appropriate and timely actions to isolate faults and recovery
- Maintain required technical knowledge and certifications as specified by management
- Design, document, and implement complex network environments
Education and / or Experience:
- Solid knowledge in managing servers, storage, backup environment, etc.
- Deep experience with systems design concepts and troubleshooting methodologies
- Examples would include understanding VMware ESXi, vSAN, HCI designs, Veeam Backup and Replication, etc.
- Knowledge of VMware NSX, vCloud Director, and other components of the VMware vCloud stack is a plus.
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and correcting systems problems remotely and on-site
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and ability to work independently and with a team
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with implementation, maintenance and administration of medium to large server environments
Your Future with Comport!
The business is going through an exciting period of growth and we work with high profile clients in a diverse and interesting landscape. Our business is continually evolving to meet the greater needs of our clients and this constant change offers future career and learning opportunities for our staff. We reward on success and are fully committed to promoting the on-going career development and future growth of our staff.