Senior Systems Administrator (Microsoft) (Level 2)
ComportSecure, a wholly owned subsidiary of Comport Consulting, is a provider of Advanced Infrastructure as a Service, Professional and Managed Services solutions. The core purpose of ComportSecure is to help customers align business objectives with Information Technology through transformational IT solutions. These include: Backup as a Service, Disaster Recovery as a Service, Hybrid Cloud services, and infrastructure management as well as advisory services and solutions. Comport is an award-winning data center solutions provider, Platinum Partner with HPE, and has also earned their highest status as a ‘Preferred Partner’.
This candidate will be responsible for performing day to day administrative systems related tasks onsite and remotely related to the operation of the ComportSecure IaaS environments, and the management of client environments. This individual will be responsible for the implementation of applications and systems both for ComportSecure, and for managed clients. In addition to the operation tasks, this individual may lead Proofs of Concept for prospective clients, and participate in the client onboarding process.
Type: Full Time
Location: New England, New York Metro, or Philly Metro areas
Principal Responsibilities and Goals:
- Provide senior administrative duties in the operation of server and systems environments including Microsoft platforms such as Active Directory, Windows Server, Exchange, and Microsoft cloud products such as Azure or Office 365.
- Provide mentoring to junior technicians on the team
- Operate independently to ensure that administrative tasks are performed according to industry best practice.
- Participate in the development of a standardized best practice design to be recommended to ComportSecure clients
- Provide senior administrative duties in the operation of datacenter storage and backup environments. Typically these are products such as Veeam, Cohesity, or Nimble, but additional products may be added as requirements demand.
- Participate in the maintenance and administration of the ComportSecure cloud environment servers, storage, hypervisor, and applications
- Monitor systems utilization and health, and remediate as necessary. Coordinate with vendors such as Microsoft, Veeam, or HPE to open support tickets to repair failed components or apply patches
- Participate in the ComportSecure on-call pool. While on call, take first call on client support tickets. Triage, diagnose, troubleshoot, and assign these tickets as required
- Manage personal support ticket queue to meet client SLAs for ticket resolution and satisfaction
- Able to participate in the deployment of applications individually or as part of a team
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, vendors and counterparts
- Candidate will be assigned as the principal technical point of contact for Managed Service clients. Participate in regular status meetings with clients to communicate the health of their IT environment and identify potential customer service concerns
- Must be attentive with initiative to proactively prioritize workload and exercise independent judgment to determine appropriate and timely actions to isolate faults and recovery
- Maintain required technical knowledge and certifications as specified by management
- Work will generally be delivered remotely and during business hours, however some issues such as patch management or troubleshooting may require afterhours on onsite work
High-level knowledge should include:
- Ability to maintain a courteous, professional manner with clients at all times and work well under stress.
- Senior knowledge in managing servers, storage, backup environment, etc.
- Particular knowledge in the administration of Windows, Active Directory, and Microsoft Cloud Services
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and correcting systems problems remotely and on-site
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and ability to work independently and with a team
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with implementation, maintenance and administration of IT systems
- VMware VCP
- Microsoft MCSA or MCSE
- Veeam VMCE