Wired/Wireless Network Administrator (Level 2)
ComportSecure, a wholly owned subsidiary of Comport Consulting, is a provider of Advanced IT, Professional and Managed Services solutions. The core purpose of ComportSecure is to help customers align business objectives with Information Technology through transformational IT solutions. These include: Advanced Datacenter, Mobility, Security, End-User Computing, and Hybrid IT as well as advisory services and solutions. Comport is an award-winning data center solutions provider, Platinum Partner with HPE, and has also earned their highest status as a ‘Preferred Partner’.
New candidate will be responsible for performing day to day wired and wireless network related tasks onsite and remotely. This individual will be responsible for the operation, maintenance, and testing of various network solutions.
Type: Full Time
Location: Philadelphia PA, Trenton, NJ Metro, Eastern PA or Southwest NJ
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- Serve as a primary administrative resource for the management of Campus and Data center wired and wireless networking
- Performing analysis of network needs and contributes to design, integration, and installation of hardware and software
- Able to lead network management individually or as part of a team
- Delivers risk analysis approach when reviewing new customer solutions
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, vendors and counterparts
- Must be attentive with initiative to proactively prioritize workload and exercise independent judgment to determine appropriate and timely actions to isolate faults and recovery
- Maintain required technical knowledge and certifications as specified by management
- Implement monitoring and management of distributed client environments
- Solid knowledge in managing wired and wireless networks, primarily Aruba and Cisco
- Deep experience with wired/wireless network design concepts and troubleshooting methodologies
- Examples would include understanding subnetting, routing, VLANs, STP, etc.
- Wireless knowledge should include architecture fundamentals such as channel management and access security such as 802.1x
- Knowledge of access control through firewalls or NAC products such as Fortigate or Aruba Clearpass a plus
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and correcting network problems remotely and on-site
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and ability to work independently and with a team
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with implementation, maintenance and administration of medium to large networking environments
- 40-hour standard work week with occasional after hours, weekend and holiday work as well as on-call rotation.
- Most work performed remotely
- 25% Local Travel (typically 50-100 miles from Home Office) to Customer sites
- Philadelphia PA/Trenton NJ Metro areas (eastern PA/southwestern NJ)