Senior Enterprise Network System Architect – Pre-Sales & Delivery
This position will be responsible for leading customer design, implementation, and testing of wireless and wired networking solutions. This role will lead Technical Sales throughout the pre-sales cycle, by working with Account Executives, owning, and driving product demonstrations, POCs and evaluations to success. These solutions will include all aspects of the networking and security portfolio, including Aruba, Cisco, Fortinet, and Palo Alto.
Type: Full Time
Comport Technology Solutions ‘CTS’, a division/brand within Comport Consulting, is a leading provider of Advanced IT, Professional and Managed Services solutions. ‘CTS’ core purpose is to help customers align business objectives with Information Technology through transformational IT solutions. These include: Advanced Datacenter, Mobility, Security, End-User Computing, and Hybrid IT as well as advisory services and solutions. Comport is an award winning, Platinum Partner with HPE, and has also earned their highest status as a ‘Preferred Partner’. Comport is also an Aruba Partner who has achieved Aruba Platinum Partner Status.
Principal Responsibilities and GOALS:
- Execute current Comport and ‘CTS’ presales strategy, in partnership with our primary partners, Aruba, Cisco, Fortinet, and Palo Alto, and others.
- Assist the sales teams to develop and execute specific account strategies.
- Serve as the primary implementation resource for the design and configuration of Campus and Datacenter networking.
- Design complex networking and data security solutions and be a part of the building of quotes for customer sales presentations
High-level Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in qualifying sales leads from a technical standpoint.
- Design, document, and implement complex network environments, including Aruba and Cisco wired and wireless, and Arista networks
- Able to lead network deployments individually or as part of a team
- Provides risk analysis approach when reviewing new customer solution proposals
- Provides consulting services as required
- Direct customer and internal staff in the methodology used to isolate a fault or recover a system when necessary interface with vendor support
- Foster, develop and maintain relationships with technical counterparts at key vendor partners
- Mentor less experienced personnel
- Maintain required technical knowledge and certifications as specified by management
Technical Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Experience with wired network design concepts and troubleshooting methodologies
- Examples would include understanding subnetting, routing, switching, VLANs, STP, and the use of PCAP
- Experience with wireless network design concepts and troubleshooting methodologies
- Examples would include understanding channel design to minimize interference, wireless authentication methods, and troubleshooting poor performance.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with implementation, maintenance, and administration of medium to large networking
- Experience with building wired and wireless solutions based on Aruba, Cisco Aironet, or Cisco Meraki.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP network architecture and implementation is a must; ideal candidate will have experience with complex TCP/IP networks
- Ability to perform pre and post implementation wireless surveys with tools such as Ekahau
- Strong understanding in the following technologies and protocols: RADIUS, PKI, IKE, Certificates, L2TP, IPSEC, FIREWALL, 802.1Q, MD5, SSH, SSL, SHA1, DES, 3DES
- Aruba or Cisco networking certifications are a plus.
- Fortinet, or Palo Alto certifications are a plus.
- Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills a must.
- You have been a part of a sales team before or you want your career to go that direction.