Senior Pre-Sales Enterprise Architect
This position will be responsible for leading the Pre-Sales design of Enterprise on-premise, off-premise cloud, and hybrid customer solutions. This position will primarily support sales operations in the New England Region (focused in on MA and CT but open to the full NE region), coverage in other regions may be sporadically required. This position provides on-site client consulting, pre-sales support, technical assistance, design and architecture of hardware and software products related to cutting edge Datacenter Infrastructure. The successful candidate will be able to provide high value solutions of Enterprise Architecture, for onpremise, off-premise cloud, and hybrid solutions.
Type: Full Time
Location: New England
This position will be responsible for leading the Pre-Sales design of Enterprise on-premise, off-premise cloud, and hybrid customer solutions. This position will primarily support sales operations in the New England Region, but coverage in other regions may be sporadically required. This position provides on-site client consulting, pre-sales support, technical assistance, design and architecture of hardware and software products related to cutting edge Datacenter Infrastructure. The successful candidate will be able to provide high value solutions of Enterprise Architecture, for on-premise,
off-premise cloud, and hybrid solutions.
This position performs on-site and remote client Pre-Sales activities & consulting projects covering enterprise servers, storage, and networking technologies in addition to at least three or more of the following disciplines:
- Server, Storage & Network Virtualization & Consolidation (focused primarily on HPE Solutions, but other OEM experience is a plus)
- End User Computing: Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and Mobile Device Management
- Citrix XenDesktop, VMware Horizon
- Private, Public, and most importantly: Hybrid Clouds
- Enterprise Data Protection and Data Management Solutions, such as ILM
- Disaster Recovery, Business Continuance, and Data Center Migrations
- Enterprise Networking
- Security and Regulations Compliance
As an Enterprise Architect, you are expected to provide an excellent customer experience in the delivery of enterprise-grade solution designs, proposals, demonstrations and proof-of-concept (POC) engagements. We expect you to work closely with other Comport delivery engineers and Enterprise Architects, as a student and a mentor as well as a trouble shooter depending on the need and your level of experience. This also suggests that you will be involved with the more complex designs and installations as a technical team leader and coach, to make sure that each solution is delivered and implemented in the way it was designed and may be adapted as needed to provide the optimal solution for our clients.
Primary duties include the design, architecture and validation of installations or upgrades of hardware and software products, technical assistance, client training and support of company product offerings, while always maintaining the Comport Corporate Culture. You may be required to work at various times of the day, including nights and weekends, as needed and without prior notice. In this position, you will be expected to spend the majority of your time performing tasks at client sites or attending technical training sessions. This is a Salaried Exempt position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Consults, Architects, Plans, Designs and Validates Integrated Solutions which meet clients’
- Be a champion for HPE’s “Synergy Hyperconverged Infrastructure” and “Hybrid Cloud” strategy.
- Develops a Bill of Materials (BOM) and a detailed Scope of Work (SOW) on highly qualified sales opportunities from interactions with the client, as well as, other Comport Architects, Comport CTO, Comport Inside Sales, Comport Sales Team and 3rd Party teams as needed, for complex hardware and software solutions. Uses OCA, Visio, or other tools to develop detailed configurations and solution diagrams.
- Leads complex technical projects from a pre-sales engineering perspective under the guidance of Comport Project Management. Client projects may vary in length from a few days to longterm projects of weeks or even months.
- Prepared to work in multi-platform environments with focus on HPE Product Lines and Comport’s top OEM partners. Should have a strong expert understanding on at least one operating system along with a basic understanding of Microsoft Windows. Strong experience with multi-vendor Operating Systems (both Windows and multi-vendor Unix platforms).
- Proactively provides feedback, relating to hardware and software products or client issues, to other staff members. Knowledge sharing is critical to the team being able to provide the best value-add for our clients.
- Conducts formal and informal presentations of technical concepts to the clients as part of pre and post- sale support efforts, as needed.
- Generates reports describing technical problems encountered and suggested solutions.
- Enterprise Backup Solutions centered on software products from CommVault, Veeam, HPE, and others.
- Troubleshoots and generates reports describing technical problems encountered and suggests solutions.
- Keeps accurate records and notes regarding all client projects, including timekeeping, documentation, project plans, trip reports and status reports.
- Flexible with demands on time and able to deal with frequent and last minute scheduling changes.
- A “strong work ethic” with the ability to flex and extend efforts whenever a customer engagement or sales opportunity requires it.
- As business and operational demands dictate, additional duties may be assigned and expected to be performed.
Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepares equipment for Comport’s in-house Demo Lab, as needed.
- Assists the Integration team, in integrating and configuring systems, as needed.
- Assists the Professional Services and Technical Engineering teams with tech-edits, troubleshooting, configurations and research, as needed.
- Attends technical training as needed, which may be out-of-town or out-of-state.
- Attends ongoing training to keep current knowledge base on products we support.
- Maintains current certifications, achieves new certifications and keep up-to-date on certifications for new products or services, as directed by Management.
Education and / or Experience
B.A. degree in Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent experience; minimum of 5 years of relevant technical experience with Server Virtualization, Consolidation, Storage Virtualization and Backup, knowledge in Multiple OS, Storage, and Enterprise Backup Solutions (EBS), certifications.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Able to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with clients.
- Ability to learn and retain knowledge of a wide variety of technical information requests, and responds quickly to information requests.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments, travel schedules, and presentation requests in an unstructured environment.
- Highly developed communications skills for interacting with clients effectively. Can independently handle difficult client situations.
- Ability to maintain a courteous, professional manner with clients at all times and work well under stress.
- Ability to interface internally with all departments and externally with outside sales, clients, and partners.
- Ability to work effectively under remote supervision.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management as well as technical or engineering decision makers.
- Ability to Develop, Create and respond to Technical Requests for Proposals (RFP’s)
- Ability to Design and Create Complex Server & Storage Assessment Documents as well as Disaster Recovery Plans.
- HPE APP and APC certifications. HPE ASE or MASE is a plus
- VMware VTSP, VCP or more advance certifications
- Other certifications related to Comport’s current OEM partners (as listed on www.Comport.com) are relevant as well