Disaster Recovery Assessment Information
The overall assessment will cover the following layered approach:
- Initial identification of critical applications (you may include up to 15 individual applications to examine)
- Calculation of the business risk of down-time for each application should it become unavailable. We will include the impact in financial terms.
- Documentation that will include the current back-up and protection procedures for each critical application as well as your current downtime preparations such as training, testing and readiness
- Creation of a gap analysis between current state and Recovery Time/Recovery Point objectives, creating an identifiable exposure window
- Delivery of a formal recovery plan that includes shifting from downtime procedures back to information systems with the needed re-synchronization
IT DR Performance Assessment
- Evaluate backups to ensure they are completing within the allocated window
- Verify that the IT organization is meeting operational-level agreements (OLAs)
- Establish RTO/RPOs for each application while creating a recovery plan to meet or exceed these objectives
Backup Quality Assessment
- Track backup success and failure rates then resolve failed backup jobs
- Ensure that backups are recoverable to the granular file level
- Confirm that data is encrypted “at rest” on the current storage medium or target
We will provide a resource for up to 6 days of analysis within your backup environment. Once the assessment has been completed, our engineers will compile a report assessing the readiness of your infrastructure and making recommendations for future improvements. The IT Disaster Recovery Performance Assessment and Backup Quality Assessment are performed at no charge.