There are strong gaps between what the hospital needs to keep healthcare data, which is the holy grail for hackers, safe and downtime/unplanned outages at a minimum, and what IT is able to deliver through legacy systems. Newer storage and backup systems can help to ensure the availability and protection of data, applications, and systems even during disruptions without the complicated integrations.
The Next Phase of Smart Backup
Modern cloud backups and flash-optimized arrays offer an easier way to get built-in security and performance and revolutionize healthcare data storage. IT heavyweights are shifting from legacy storage tape systems to capitalize on supersonic deployments and boundless flexibility. Today’s healthcare innovators are also looking to leverage benefits that make backup easier than ever before, such as:
- User simplicity for easier management. Eliminate backup testing and leave it to the experts.
- Riveting speeds for easier deployment. New backup performance levels deliver 23 times faster restore speeds than traditional legacy systems.
- Unbeatable security for easier management. Inclusive, reliable data protection that performs at superior speeds and agilities for HIPAA compliance issues. With backup as a service (BaaS), you can encrypt your data before it gets to the backup for additional protection.
- Top-notch density and scalability for easier integration. Flash storage remains at least 4½ times more scalable and six times as dense as competitive storage solutions When you add BaaS to that offering, the sky is the limit.
Why ComportSecure BaaS?
As experts in healthcare data, Comport works with our clients to create a 3-2-1 strategy that is best for your particular long and short term patient and business data goals. ComportSecure can also help you tackle cyber-attacks by creating an “air gap” between production and off-site backups, and allows a hospital to restore from uninfected ComportSecure data in the event of a ransomware or malware incident.
ComportSecure works in conjunction with the Veeam Availability Suite and the HPE 3PAR StoreServ storage, powered by Intel® Xeon® processors, and can provide Recovery Time Objectives of under 15 minutes. When a hospital chooses ComportSecure BaaS, they offload Veeam backup tasks and free their IT staff and infrastructure with these benefits:
- More frequent backups minimize potential data loss.
- 9999 data accessibility with fast restore in the event of an outage or failure.
- A backup solution that covers remote locations as well as data centers.
- The hospital retains control of scheduling and other backup decisions.
Take Control of Your Backups
As a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Platinum Partner, Comport Healthcare Solutions has the expert knowledge and years of healthcare experience to help you navigate the possibilities and perils of hospital IT and best practices. Healthcare facilities face different challenges than other industries, and we offer services specifically tailored for evolving health information technology requirements. Our mission is to achieve the protection that your patients and clinicians expect and deserve. Our insights are based on practical experience and extensive investment in certifications, which has earned numerous industry awards.
Contact Comport today to learn more about our backup and disaster recovery solutions.
 Hewlett Packard Enterprise, “HPE 3PAR flash-integrated data protection,” May 2017.
 Hewlett Packard Enterprise, “HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage.”